[TR] TR3 Starter rebuild

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Jul 1 14:17:23 MDT 2010

In a message dated 7/1/2010 1:56:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
ahwahneetr at gmail.com writes:
> Did they say what parts they needed to replace or just look at it and
> say no way?
>
> I guess I have never rebuilt mine but I have had it apart a few times
> and have always been able to resolve a specific problem with a
> combination of available parts and creativity.
>
> I would think the most common failure points... field windings,
> commutator, brushes, pinion drive &bushing... are serviceable.

No, they offered to clean the commutator and do some other things but there
would be no warranty.  All for about $150.  I know I need the drive thingy
and I don't think I can fake that.  Their comment was maybe there was a shop
who bought up all the bits still available and I might find someone who can
do it right.

Dave