[TR] TR3 Starter rebuild

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 10:05:16 MDT 2010

On 7/1/10, Dave1massey at cs.com <Dave1massey at cs.com> wrote:
> ...I know I need the drive thingy and I don't think I can fake that...

The drive thingy (if you mean what Moss call 'sleeve assembly p/n
549-580) is available (there may even be an improved design out
there).

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/SearchResults.aspx?SearchText=549-580%20&WebCatalogID=0

In any case, you can fake that, leastways I did.  Back when these were
NLA I repaired mine by jamming the thing with strips of tire tube
rubber, then pressing it together.  Got a replacement when someone
(Steve Hedke?) finally developed one but have never bothered to pull
the starter and install it as the inner tube fix still works after 20+
years.

Geo