[TR] MoMa experience

Michael Porter mdporter at dfn.com
Sun Jan 31 07:05:45 MST 2010

terryrs at comcast.net wrote:
>> I thought I would relate a recent experience with having my TR3 temp gauge
>>
> rebuilt by Mp Ma Instruments in Albuquerque.B B I sent the gauge off on Jan
> 18. B I got >confirmation of delivery on Jan 21. B The rebuilt gauge arrived
> at my home on Jan 26. B Looks great and works OK.
>

> Dave, my experience was phased 180 out from that.B  I sent it out in early
> January a few years ago, it took them about five months because, as they put
> it, their concourse customers came first, and when I finally go them back,
> they looked like crap.B  Needles were yellow and rusted.B  Over $700 later, I
> have guages I had to swap out for SunPro.
>

> Of all the parts and service providers I dealt with during my TR3A ground-up,
> I have respect and admiration for all but one.B B Maybe Mo-Ma needs a small
> guy's business again because of the economy, but I'll never give it to them.

 From watching this list for the ~ last fifteen years, MoMa has gone
through a few changes.  Until about 2004-5, they had a great reputation
for quick service and good work for all, and after 2004-5, there were a
number of people who had tried to engage their services and found that
they were put off by MoMa because the owners said they were going to
strictly concentrate on high-end (read Jag) customers.  Dave's
experience suggests that the high-end business has dropped off, and all
are welcome once again.

Bad experiences in the recent past might deter people, but, it seems
MoMa is now back to its usual universally good service.  I wouldn't kick
`em in the ass for a temporary belief that the Hollywood elite were
going to carry them.  There are too few enough good gauge rebuilders
around these days (now that Nisonger seems to be crap on wheels) that I
would want to piss on one more because it made a marketing mistake....

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....