[TR] TR4 in Elvis movie - bit of trivia, made me chuckle

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Fri Jan 8 09:58:27 MST 2010

Was just watching an old Elvis movie, Spinout - In the final Santa fe race
scene, Shelley Fabares is driving a red Ferrari 250GT against of course,
our hero, driving what may be an early Aston or Cunningham (I don't really
know and couldn't find out), plus a group of assorted Cobras, a Cheetah,
some Vettes and Jags. In one scene, as he catches up to her they come to a
narrow section with a bridge - of course he shouts to her (As if you could
hear over the roar of a racing V8) "lookout" and she banks left, breaks
through the flimsy fencing, and into the river - and surprise, the car
magically turns into a red TR4!!  Up to the window sills in water, what a
shame...

Anyway, gave me a laugh

Barry Schwartz
San Diego, CA