[TR] Scrap tub or not?

David Stauffacher david.stauffacher at jackinthebox.com
Fri Jan 8 12:37:25 MST 2010

I'm faced with a dilemma.  I purchased a 69 TR6 as a parts car for the rebuild
of my 70 RHD PI that was severely damaged.  Upon dismantling the 69 I
discovered that the tub is severely rusted and damaged.  The inner/outer
sills, floor boards, spare tire pan, captured nuts & plates and foot wells are
rusted through and need to be replaced/repaired.  Also the rear end sustained
major damage and the repair was worse.  The rear end is shifted about = inch
to left and when they replaced the rear end, it was not aligned correctly -
they ended up using a 2 inch block of wood between the frame and rear body
mounts.  It would take a lot of work to put it back together correctly.  I
don't have the temperament or money to have it done.  I can salvage the front
clip -from the firewall forward but the rest is destined for the scrap.  But
before I make a final decision, I thought I would query the list to see what
others may think.

Thanks,

David Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca