[TR] TRF - Part 1

Blake J. Discher bdischer.lists at blakedischer.com
Wed Feb 17 06:27:34 MST 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Brian Lanoway wrote:
I have been a good and faithful TRF customer for years.  Im not sure that I
will continue to be so.

Hi Brian,

I hope you will continue to buy from TRF.  And Moss.  And VB.  And all the
other vendors that provide quality parts for our hobby.  Believe me, I totally
understand your frustration at the length of time it's taking to get your
refund from TRF, but I wanted to present, for everyone's benefit, some of the
things these vendors do for us, with a specific nod to TRF since that's who
were talking about.

I just checked to see if you were a member of The Vintage Triumph Register
here in the States.  Since you aren't, you probably don't know that Charles
attends every VTR National Convention with a boat load of parts he sells in
the vendor area.  At the past convention, he drove his TR3 from Pennsylvania
to California and had boxes and boxes of parts shipped ahead.  At the end of
the convention, he boxed it all up, shipped it back, and drove his TR3 back to
PA.  After shipping costs (these were pallets!), I doubt he made a dime for
his efforts.  But he does it year after year.

He is a maniac about authenticity and quality of the parts he sells.  He'd
rather backorder an item for a year while he's locating another supplier, than
ship questionable parts.  You can pretty much count on his parts being what
you expected.  He sends out a weekly (!) newsletter with discount offers.  If
you aren't in a hurry to complete your project, you could probably get
everything you needed for a project at a discount by just waiting for a sale.

---breaking for the list's imposed limit on post size--