[TR] TRF - Part 2

Blake J. Discher bdischer.lists at blakedischer.com
Wed Feb 17 06:42:06 MST 2010

----continuing from part one-------

TRF is, aside from Rimmer Brothers in the UK, the only major US vendor to use
the original Triumph part numbers.  For those of us with Stags, who count on
these numbers to discover parts for other models that cross to the Stag.  Or
Dolomite.  Or 2000 range.  Cars for which no major US supplier stocks a large
number of parts.

Before leaving Detroit in my TR6 for California last October, I installed a
new interior.  It was purchased from TRF. Everything fit, looked original, and
my car was gorgeous once again.  All good, but my point is that Charles makes
sure it fits, makes sure it looks authentic.

He is one of the few suppliers with machine shop capabilities and will rebuild
calipers, hubs, etc.  If I have a choice between "Joe's Machine Shop" down the
street or TRF to rebuild my hubs, you can bet I'll send them to TRF because
they know what they're doing and have done British car repairs again and
again.

In conclusion, I agree, taking this long to get you your money back is poor
business.  But I wanted to let others know what TRF does well... very well.
Charles cares deeply about our hobby and shares our passion for these cars.
If I had to guess, I'd say he's been impacted by the downturn as all of us
have.  I know that doesn't help you get your money back though.

Instead of adding to the tired litany of those adding to the TRF bashing, let
me instead offer a helpful suggestion.  I'd suggest a telephone call directly
to Charles followed by an email.  I'll bet your issue will be resolved
quickly.  Many don't realize he's there every day and is only a phone call
away.

Cheers,
Blake Discher, President