[TR] TR- non tr

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 14 09:18:56 MST 2010

I guess terminologies vary from country to country? In the UK, we'd call it
New Old Stock if it was an unused part in its original packing - e.g. Stanpart
or that of a proprietary manufacturer like Lucas, Lockheed, Girling. All would
rate as having equal status, originality and 'genuine-ness.' There wouldn't be
as much street-cred for another unused 'as new' part in non-identifiable
packing. I suppose the desireability for such a part would depend entirely on
the part, whether or not its still available and how much someone wants to
have it for their car.

Jonmac