[TR] Bummer Day

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 8 15:41:16 MST 2010

> Another question for the masses....
>
> Which engine 'add-ons' can be safely put back on the engine before I drop
>  it on the chassis without jeopardizing the body re-install.   I know the
>  carbs should stay off but what about everything else.

Carl,

When I put the body on my 4 a few years back the carbs were off and that was
all. I am guessing your front apron will also be off as well as the front
wings. I did the 4 all by myself using a chain fall connected by ropes from
the front hood hinges and in the rear by the rear fender bolt holes.

I first dropped the rear. Set it in place with a few screw drivers and then
lowered the front. Had it all bolted down by noon on a Saturday morning.

I hope my current 6 project will go as smooth

> I am thinking that at least the fuel pump, distributor, waterpump, and fan
> can be on the engine.
Sure.

> Anything else?

I made sure the throttle linkage was installed as there is not much room with
the engine there.

One other thing, make sure you have all the body pads installed on the frame.
Use some glue or contact cement.

> Along those same lines, I am planning on installing driveshaft, brake &>

The 4's full drive train was installed, engine running and exhaust completely
installed.etc. Removed carbs only before lowering body.

Bob