[TR] Bummer Day - Lower Front Sealing Block

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 17:37:32 MST 2010

Since the part is the lower front sealing block - I decided to take it out
rather than attempt to fix it as it sat.

GLAD I DID

The sealing block was cracked - front to back through the bolt hole that was
'stripped' on the side that was not visible when the pan was off.

So - now I am on a search for a replacement.  P/N 55810 not available
through TRF; no listing at others.

Anyone have a 2-3-4 engine block carcass that might have one still sitting
in it - or have a spare that they are willing to part with?

I do have a complete engine sitting in the corner of the garage - but I'd
rather not have to cannibalize it.   I'd have to get one engine off the
stand; put the other on; etc etc etc.