[TR] Bummer Day

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Mon Feb 8 06:02:38 MST 2010

Thank you Randall, Tony & Michael for your responses.   Seems that it isn't
as big an issue as I thought. Will get a Helicoil (or equivalent as Randall
put it) this week.

Another question for the masses....

Which engine 'add-ons' can be safely put back on the engine before I drop it
on the chassis without jeopardizing the body re-install.   I know the carbs
should stay off but what about everything else.

I am thinking that at least the fuel pump, distributor, waterpump, and fan
can be on the engine.

Anything else?

Along those same lines, I am planning on installing driveshaft, brake & fuel
lines, and exhaust before the body.  Any thing else that would make sense
with the body off the chassis?

I am sure getting excited about seeing an actual car sometime in the next
month or so.

Thanks again for the responses and the continued help and support of the
list.
Carl