[TR] U-joints - which ones & how to prep

pdonnel1 at san.rr.com pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Mon Dec 27 12:59:17 MST 2010

I need to replace the two u-joints in the drive shaft of my 4A. Couple of questions:

1. There's 3 on the market. A cheapo aftermarket version for about $15, the Hardy-Spicer at $18, and Goodparts has a beefier version at $28. As far as I can tell the cheapo version doesn't have a grease fitting. Recommendations as to which one?
2. On the ones I've replaced in the past I've put in white Lithium wheel grease. Is there a better grease? Or,just leave them alone?

Johnnie
'67 TR4A