[TR] Not TR or BR but we need to know the Difference Between http: and https:

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 09:41:35 MST 2010

I confess to being a complete Luddite when  it comes to using my credit or debit
card for 'Net purchases. The world and his brother assure me of secure servers
et al but there's one key issue as I see it. While Big Business can probably
afford to protect itself using any amount of security software and probably
employ teams of IT people on humongous salaries, this may make *them* safe from
unwanted depredations. I'm not in that position to throw money at my computer in
protecting myself and if I very occasionally buy something on-line, it's done
with the very greatest reluctance.
There's much to be said for living in a hard cash environment but unfortunately
more and more companies don't seem to want to do business that way.

Jonmac