[TR] Fwd: Re: Fwd: TR3 O/D Wiring question

cfmtr3a at verizon.net cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sun Dec 5 09:18:31 MST 2010

Thanks Randall -

However...
The diagram you reference matches the right side of my image which is the
wiring diagram. The two harnesses I have do not match that but for the
wires to connect would have to be similar to the left side image and that
doesn't look right to me. the only variation would be that W1 & W2 could
be swapped. It looks like the relay would always be 'hot'.

Revised schematic at:
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af136/cfmtr3a/Information%20Items/ODWiringSchematicv2.jpg
I added a representation of the wiring harness layout.  You can see what I
mean about the brown & white seem to go to the same place.
The 'device boxes' match the left side of my diagram.

As you may remember, I am adding a Lucas 25a fused line between A (Control
Box to Ammeter) to an Accessory Plug circuit. See:
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af136/cfmtr3a/fog-spotschematicv2.jpg
Do you see any reason that I cannot reroute the C1 feed to that line/connection?
I can add a piece in the new fog/spot/acc harness to where the o/d harness can
connect to it. That would be another case of cleaning up the spaghetti...
(Your OD diagram has the C1 going to A)

I show that the o/d solenoid comes off of C2. do you piggyback a ground
connection from that terminal? That looks like what you have but just
confirming..

Thanks again.