[TR] Optima - worth it for occasional use vehicle?

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 25 05:27:24 MDT 2010

Darrell,

I have Exide Orbitals in my 3 and 4 for 5 years and they show no signs of
losing their charge.

They both stay in the cars for the season (April - October) and then they are
removed and stored in the cellar on a tender.

The 4 battery cost 107$ 5 years ago and the 3 about 135 just a year later. So
the price today might be higher, not sure. But When I was trying to decide
what battery to get, this one had very high marks.

If I ever finish my 72 6 project, the 6 will also get a Orbital.

I have heard of problems with Optima on this list and in other forums.

Regardless of what battery you get, get a maintenance free battery.

Bob