[TR] Mystery solved (was: Re: Optima - worth it for occasional use vehicle?)

Darrell Walker darrellw at ipns.com
Thu Aug 26 16:00:46 MDT 2010

Well, I think I solved most, if not all of the problem.  I decided to make
sure there wasn't a current drain with the car off, and I discovered something
is drawing nearly 3 amps!  I haven't tracked it down yet, but it certainly
explains why it was nearly impossible to charge the battery (when connected in
the car) and why it wouldn't hold a charge overnight.  Once I disconnected it,
it charged up OK, and seems to be holding.

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L