[TR] Optima - worth it for occasional use vehicle?

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Aug 24 23:09:32 MDT 2010

I had an Optima red top in my TR-4 race car when I bought it in
2002.  Not sure how long it had been there, but it's very safe to
assume it wasn't new.  I replaced it in 2009, "just because".  This
car gets driven 5 or 6 times a year and the battery sits on a battery
tender otherwise.  I found that I had been running for a year or two
with my alternator wired incorrectly, so it was not charging properly
at the track and I made it through each weekend without any need for
charging.  It was by pure accident that I discovered that I had
miswired the alternator to turn it into a "single wire" setup.

Count me a happy customer.

Tony Drews