[TR] Fwd: Replicate Cal. License Plates? - for 1961 TR3A

HANS DEFERRANTE tr3 at roadrunner.com
Thu Aug 12 17:54:26 MDT 2010

> These plates were originally  assigned to this car and I have the old
> registration to proof it. However, in the mean time, I took new plates
> out and was told by the DMV that alI I would have to do is come in
> with the 2 plates and the original registration (which I then did not
> yet have) to get it reinstated. The problem is to get the clerk to
> accept the second plate as original. For that it needs to be a good
> METAL replica.

I should have mentioned that this TR3 is a 1961 TR3A,  and had this
one  plate on it. The registration slip (expired in 1986) came with
it. Someone during  a recent drive mentioned that there was someone
out there, I think he said N. Y., who  replicates metal plates for
that purpose. I have not been able to find him on the internet. Does
anyone have any info.?

Hans
'61 TR3A