[TR] Replicate Cal. License Plates?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 07:04:01 MDT 2010

On 8/10/10 10:41 PM, don wrote:
> I believe the YOM program has been extended to include the black
> plates.  But it may not be easy to do.
> Here is a website that discusses the YOM license program in California.
Oh well.  I guess I'm behind the times ... again.  My 1961 TR3 is my
newest car so I never had to consider newer licenses.

Meanwhile, I've moved to Arizona and now have a copper classic car
plate.  And on the wall, 2 yellow with black California plates with 1961
sticker, a Monterey British Motors license plate frame and a 1961 Del
Monte forest grill plate.  And from the Land Rover, a pair of historical
vehicle plates from the days when they only had 4 digits and no letters.

Since I registered my two cars at the same time their classic car plates
have successive numbers.

During the half month I've been in Flagstaff, so far I've seen:

- One functional E-type fixed head coupe that goes to local car events
- One small mouth TR3 snug up against a building in Kachina village with
a tarp over the middle (looks nonfunctional)
- One stripped TR4 body tub at the end of a row of small commercial
buildings

I guess I need to drive the 3 today just so people can start to remember
that once TR3's roamed Route 66.

Teriann