[TR] Squealing front brakes on TR3 after running for a while

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Aug 6 05:34:21 MDT 2010

In a message dated 8/6/2010 1:57:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
areich at telus.net writes:
>   On my 1960 TR3A, the front brakes squeal badly but only after they get
> really warmed up. During the first half hour of driving, they are quiet
> and effective. Is there a quick fix anyone can recommend?
> Allan Reich
> Vancouver
> 1960 TR3A - TS65713L (+O)

First things first.  Make sure the rotors are clean.  You can spray them
down with water or you can get a can of brake parts cleaner.

If that doesn't fix it you can pull your pads and grind a chamfer on the
leading edge.

Are there shims available for this application?

Ultimately, you can change pads to another material.  Pad material can have
an influence on whether they squeal or not.

Dave