[TR] Solid state regulator (was Triumphs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 167)

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Apr 23 08:26:44 MDT 2010

Tony wrote:
> I am currently (pun intended) working on a modern solid state
> regulator that would be a drop-in replacement for the
> mechanical unit.

FWIW, such conversions are available commercially as well:
http://www.wiltonae.com/home/index.aspx

There's a photo of the TR2-3A version at:
http://www.wiltonae.com/home/index.aspx

and a "happy user" report at
http://tinyurl.com/3a2exs7

I've thought about doing something similar on my own; but after cleaning and
careful adjustment, my original control box actually works pretty good.  The
real limitation is the generator itself; and eventually I'm going to want
power for some tunes and an electric radiator fan.

Randall