[TR] Identifying Spitfire Cylinder head # TKC 2748( Now another Head and Block)

jimmuller at rcn.com jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri Apr 23 09:48:47 MDT 2010

> Wayne, that block would be a circa 1972 Spitfire MkIV
> "Federal" (hence the "U" in the suffix) engine, low
> compression and recessed bores.

I've rarely had occasion to think about such things (if it runs, you just run it) and I haven't followed this thread too closely (too much going on lately).  But I recall being told that the 7.5:1 vs. 9.0:1 difference was strictly in the head.

Yes, no?
--
Jim Muller
Or maybe they really said "No, it's all in your head."