[TR] MAZDA SEAT CONVERSION FOR TR6

n197tr4 at cs.com n197tr4 at cs.com
Fri Apr 16 13:59:47 MDT 2010

Bill,

Sean Alexander was producing conversion kits for Uncle Jack at the time Jack
died at Grattan. Sean continued this production with the approval of Jack's
family, and has them on the shelf right now.  Sean's email address is
seanax at iowalaser.com

I have no ownership in this Triumph project....Sean worked with Jack on the
design for manufacturability. They are powdercoated and includes hardware and
instructions.

WEBSITE:     danielsonfamily.org    contains a comprehensive write up on the
installation along with pictures.

Joe A

Message: 1
ate: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:15:34 EDT
rom: Dave1massey at cs.com
ubject: Re: [TR] spam
o: triumphs at autox.team.net
------------------------------
------------------------------
Message: 3
ate: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
rom: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a at att.net>
ubject: [TR] What Year Miata Seats Fit TR6
o: Triumphs <triumphs at autox.team.net>
essage-ID: <847546.52558.qm at web83303.mail.sp1.yahoo.com>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
     I am looking at some used Miata seats and thinking about putting them in
y TR6. They look good. Do all year Miata seats fit in?     TIA,
    -Bill in Tehachapi

-----------------------------
Message: 4

-----------------------------
Message: 5
ate: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:43:48 +0000
rom: "Foster, Stan (HP IT)" <stan.foster at hp.com>
ubject: Re: [TR] What Year Miata Seats Fit TR6
o: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a at att.net>, Triumphs
   <triumphs at autox.team.net>
essage-ID:
   <0794DD1FF011B0439CDB3FAED80789F50A418E at G6W1620.americas.hpqcorp.net>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Bill, I think they will all fit although there are differences in the fabric
sed over the years and the later car seats don't have the speakers in the
eadrests but they may be retrofittable. In any case the earlier seats (90 to
7) with speakers need the factory speakers replaced with small full range
peakers like these:
http://www.3rdstrategy.com/Miata.htm
The factory speakers only work well with the Miata audio system.
The Miata seat rails will need adapting to use the standard TR6 floor holes.
ost of us built/bought brackets to achieve this after a slight modification
f the Miata runners. The mod is described in some detail in the Williams book
n improving your TR6, TR250, TR5
Brackets often advertised on eBay.
Stan