[TR] oil pressure

Brian Jones tr4zest at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:48:21 MDT 2009

What weight oil are you both using?Gary: I think 40 hot, if with a 20wt-50,
is on the ow side but manageable. I wonder why it is low?
Wayne: 90 lbs? I thought a pressure relief valve would come in to play at
around ~70lbs.

My TR4, with 20wt-50, starts cold in temperate weather with ~75lbs/35lbs
(running/idle). After several hours of interstate, it drops to 60/30lbs.
Yesterday, running through the Mojave Desert to the VTR National, it was 118
degrees. My running oil-pressure dropped to 50lbs. I had no interest in
finding out my idle pressure ;^). I was glad to get out to the coastal
plain.

Brian Jones
Valley Forge, PA
Truimph TR4, 1962, CT1455L (now with o/d)