[TR] oil pressure

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 20:24:57 MDT 2009

just a quickie.......my oil pressure has been amazing since engine rebuild
(tr-6)  ........cold start 70+.......then 40 at hot idle.

suddenly now its
50 cold start and 40 running warmed up ..........at idle around 20.

I've
taken off the line to guage and blown it out, hooked up another older guage I
had on hand and tested it with same results.  also checked the spring in
pressure valve ect.  the spring is one millimeter shorter than suggested
length but I'm thinmking thats not significant.  ??   I have around 1,000
miles on the rebuild......already changed oil at 300 miles.  Will do another
oil/filter change soon.

 I'm not seriously worried about this and plan on
running as is.  But just curious why and wondering if anyone else has had
similar results.

gary n.