[TR] Subject: Re: towing

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Tue Sep 29 18:03:17 MDT 2009

Well, my 67 E Type cost  $3100 in 1970 with 19,000 miles on  the odo; it is
now close to 250,000 miles,
and has never had the crank out of the block.  I suspect that it is  worth
a bit more than I paid for it too, but it is NOT for sale! (nor are any of
my Triumphs!)  I did select the E Type partly to tow the TR3.
The rig was good for  38 MPG per car towing (the TR3 used nothing in  this
mode) and we made all the races
over all the mountain ranges with no serious mechanical problems.  Two
great cars.

A slightly larger tow vehicle and a small trailer (with brakes), per  Joe
Alexander's idea, is much safer and much less work.

Hardy

In a message dated 9/28/2009 8:35:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,