[TR] tr3 CARBURATION

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sun Sep 27 23:28:26 MDT 2009

This isn't exactly related, but close.  A while back a fellow called up
the shop to
have us work on his MGB-GT.  His carbs were running way too rich, he said,
and he was having trouble getting the car started and running.  It
seemed like
a carb problem, but he just spent $700 at a tire store/repair place to
get his carbs
redone.

Poor fellow.  The car gets towed in and I nearly fall on the floor
laughing after
I open the hood.  The $700 "repair" job involved hooking the fuel inlet
hoses
to the bowl vents - no floats or valves involved, just a constant stream
of gas
into the carbs.  A minute or two hooking the hoses to the proper pipes
had the
car running well once again.

mjb.