[TR] tr3 CARBURATION

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Mon Sep 28 00:21:12 MDT 2009

Frank,
I had a similar problem after I spent the $100 on the re-build kits.  It
seems the jets were not sliding back into the fully up position after
releasing the "Choke" cable.  I pulled the jets, cleaned them good using
some 4x steel wool and re-installed and re-centered, all seems to be much
better now.  This could very well be your issue after to extend period on
the shelf.

Right now I am in process of adjusting them to a leaner mixture but I find
this pretty tedious.(Can anyone suggest a better way??)
1.Clean the plugs
2.Go for a long drive
3.Pull the plugs and check the color.

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)