[TR] [6pack] Eastwood Spring Compressor

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Tue Sep 22 18:35:45 MDT 2009

Wow.... Tough crowd ;-)  <~~~~that's a wink for the emoticon impaired :-)

I should have prefaced my post by saying that I have a homemade spring
compressor using 3/8" Acme threaded rod & nuts and 3/16" steel plate.
Someone on the List told me long ago to only use Acme threaded rod due to
the cut of the thread and the subsequent holding power. But I bet most guys
grab generic rod not knowing the risk. My intent with the post was to see if
anyone thought these compressors would work as an alternative to Moss or
TRF. Some guys prefer to buy ready made........ It sounds like we're better
off making or using the Moss/TRF type product.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD