[TR] Off-topic -deadly floormats?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 18 16:56:47 MDT 2009

> This morning I started the car and drove down the road, pushed the
> START/STOP ... nothing, stepped on brake, pushed ... nothing.

So indeed, they have made a car that you cannot turn off when something goes
wrong.  And this guy was given one as a loaner (so possibly not familiar
with the system), and something went wrong.

Somehow, I can see getting flustered over a 'key' that doesn't do anything;
and not thinking of shifting to neutral.

And who knows, there may be a 'safety' interlock on that as well, that won't
let you shift when doing over say, 50 mph.

-- Randall