[TR] Off-topic -deadly floormats?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:09:42 MDT 2009

>>> Not to mention, if in a driver's panic s/he switched the
>>> ignition ALL the way
>>> off, the steering locks...sending you into a tree?
>>>
>> As opposed to leaving the road at 120 mph, flying 100ft through the air,
>> and
>> winding up in a ball of flames ?  I'd take the chance.
>>

> Besides, the ignition key is interlocked to the shifter and won't go into
> the locked position unless the shifter is in Park.  Just for that reason.
>
> Also, doesn't this model car have the push button?  Push it once to start
> and push it again to stop the engine?  How do those work, anyway?  I've never
> driven a Lexus

I knew newer cars were more complicated but I never thought about them
in terms of them being designed to do you in if you need to do an
emergency shut down at speed.  Makes me wonder if I could just get in
one and be able to drive it without first reading the owners manual.  At
least push button start I understand since both of my cars have it.  But
this thread makes me glad that my newest car is a 1961 TR3A.

Teriann

"While there is tea there is still hope"