[TR] Master Cylinder rebuild question

Wayne rengrave at verizon.net
Sun Sep 6 08:14:30 MDT 2009

I just finished rebuilding my master cylinder on my 73 TR6 last night.
I honed the bore to get rid of a few inperfections and endded up with a pretty
good
bore, not mirror finish but smooth.
I used TRF rebuild kit and after I installed the pistons with the new seals
the pistons
did not slide out on their own with the tension of the springs.
I coated the bore with DOT 4 brake fluid but I had to tap the master cylinder
housing
on the bench to get the pistons to return to the front of the bore.

Is this normal?
Should the springs return the pistons back to the front (servo side) of the
bore with the
master cylinder on the bench?
Will it work OK once the cylinder is full of fluid and the hydraulic pressure
will cause the
pistons to fine their location in the bore?
Is it because the seals are new and tight and they will wear in?

Wayne
73 TR6