[TR] Electric fan for a TR4

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 28 15:16:41 MST 2009

> Could the Listerati direct me to a good-quality electric fan
> for my TR4?

I've had a Hayden fan on my TR3A for almost 20 years, and it still works
fine even after the accident.

After a conversation with my local radiator guy, I went ahead and used the
plastic ties through the core; no problems at all.  He did suggest to be
sure they go through the center between the tubes (so they can't rub on the
tubes).

He would have been happy to add fan mounts to my radiator (as well as sensor
bungs and anything else I wanted, for a price of course), but it didn't seem
worth it at the time.

If you have the early radiator with the "long reach" neck, I would suggest
having a shorter neck installed.  Gives you a much wider range of caps
available.  My shop recently charged me $18 for the neck & installation.

Just don't forget and install an original cap on the short neck <G>

-- Randall