[TR] Electric fan for a TR4

tfansher at comcast.net tfansher at comcast.net
Wed Oct 28 14:54:19 MST 2009

I installed a puller fan on my TR3A and am happy I did. The side rails on a TR3 and 4 radiator hold no water (you might want to check this ;^) ) so you can mount the puller to the radiator itself. If you're pulling the radiator then while at the shop have them add a receiver for a screw in temp sensor. I got my sensor from Jegs and for me the 165 degree works better than the 185. My themistat is in the metal pipe of the radiator hose, but had to rig up a ground wire to it for it to work properly. Also, 165 because it's in the "middle" of the radiator and heat rises, etc. The fan I'm using is a "swirl" bladed, 6 bladed fan. They are supposed to move more air than the old style "straight" bladed ones. Some of the local auto stores carry them as well as on line sources.
Any more questions or pictures needed, let me know.
Tom
60 TR3A
61 TR3A
62 TR4