[TR] Fwd: Oil Pan Leak

Brian Jones tr4zest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:17:00 MST 2009

I followed the method in the VTR maintenance section, except I used Permatex
to bond the gasket to the pan, left to set overnight. I then used Hylomar on
the gasket-to-block face so that I could easily get the pan off again and
had no risk of goop in the pan causing mischief.

I took care to straighten the pan lip first. My pan had been heavily
over-tightened by the DPO and his answer was to use masses of orange rubbery
goop to close the gaps on the distorted pan lip. He failed. The VTR page:
 http://www.vtr.org/maintain/oil-pan-gasket.shtml

Brian Jones