[TR] wax on wax off

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Tue Oct 20 12:53:46 MDT 2009

Gary,

With the recent change in the weather here (milder and no rain), I  just
finished waxing our Camry and once again I noticed the same thing that you
did.  I used Meguiar's Next Generation (NXT) Tech Wax 2.0 liquid.  I  say
"once again" because I used it on the TR6 in the spring and it reacted the  same
way.

This is supposed to be their "latest & greatest" product so I  called
Meguiar's and asked why it was smearing.  They said that that was  normal as the
agents that give the finish it's final gloss, protection,  etc. sometimes
need time to settle in......hmmm.

The wax applies easily and seems to last a reasonable amount of time  and
the greasy (smeary) finish will go away after a wash or two but it seems a
bit odd to me.....and this stuff isn't cheap!  So, maybe next year,  I'll try
someone else's product...

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 10/19/2009 8:51:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,