[TR] wax on wax off

Holmgren, Jim jim.holmgren at corp.aol.com
Tue Oct 20 13:36:37 MDT 2009

Chip,
I used NXT on my Spit this spring and noticed the exact same thing.  It
was 'easier' to remove physically, but it definitely did not behave like
a regular paste wax with the smearing.  I was going nuts trying to buff
it all out!  This was the first liquid wax I'd ever used, so I didn't
know what to expect.

However, once the film 'settled in' or whatever it is supposed to do,
the results were very satisfactory and it did seem to last longer than
any paste waxes I've used.

Next spring when the weather warms up, I'm going to put on a coat of
their good ole' Gold Class paste wax and compare the two.  I didn't like
putting all that 'elbow grease' into the job with the NXT and not
getting the results I expected until a couple of days later.  I want to
stand back and admire the finish...NOW..not after it 'settles in' !!!
:-)

Jim
NASS #302
NASS Club Secretary
'75 Spitfire 1500 w/OD
www.littlebluespitfire.com
York, PA

The wax applies easily and seems to last a reasonable amount of time
and
the greasy (smeary) finish will go away after a wash or two but it seems
bit odd to me.....and this stuff isn't cheap!  So, maybe next year,
I'll try
someone else's product...