[TR] Early TR2 Rear Tail Lights Wanted

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Thu Oct 15 18:25:55 MDT 2009

As Justin stated, the first 1300 or so TR2s had a unique rear  tail light.
Considering that TS 1300 was built about late April of 1954  trying to find
a NOS or even used assembly will be harder  than discovering a bag full of
"baby" Tenax snaps.  The glass lens is  still available since it was also
used on the MG TD but that is where the  similarity ends for the bezel and the
gasket are unique to those very early  2s.  There are only two sources in
the world for those two pieces - Tom  Householder in Ohio and Hans Kooy in
the Netherlands (I bought mine from  Tom).  If you are adamant, Justin, that
the bezel must have patina, then I  say good luck and hope you have more
patience that I.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

==AM==
Wrong  bezel, unfortunately; I'm pretty sure that the one used on the early
TR2
is  unique to that car. There was someone in the Netherlands, I think, who
was
reproducing them. (Lou Metelko, where are you? Help us out  here!)

The lenses are correct, although I've never been totally clear on  whether
the
early TR2 used the glass or plastic versions. (Oh, and contrary  to the
statement in the auction listing, these were not used on  Spitfires!)

--Andy  Mace