[TR] Mountney Horn Push

Phil Bacon pboldtrix at juno.com
Thu Oct 15 17:46:18 MDT 2009

This is when I usually resort to electricians tape.....once around, check the
fit; twice around check the fit,; three times around, etc,,,,,,Phil Bacon, 72
TR6

From: "M. Secrest" <moira.secrest at verizon.net>
Wow, this is an award winning design.

I know others have encountered this in retrofitting a Mountney steering
wheel.
I've got the electrics working (no small task there either) but I'm a little
stumped as to how to get the whole assembly to stay inside the steering hub.
It should be a press fit but it's not, the plastic body of the horn push just
flops around inside the hub.  This is on a GT6-3 if it matters.  I can
vaguely
make it stay in the hub by wedging in various materials but haven't found
something I particularly like yet.  Ideas?

--
Martin Secrest