[TR] Transproter advice

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Oct 14 11:59:13 MDT 2009

In a message dated 10/14/2009 11:17:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
pethier at comcast.net writes:
> Lucky for us we were ahead of you.  We went the other way, NE out of
> Lafayette on I-76, up to I-80 and across Nebraska. It was raining and
> near-freezing when we left Layfayette and the Denver area Thursday morning.  Cold
> and wet that night and the next morning at the Gothenberg Nebraska
> campground.
>
> On Saturday morning we woke up to snow at the Des Moines West KOA
> campground in Adel Iowa. Roads thankfully not icy.  The band of snow ran right
> along I80 from Grand Island Nebraska nearly to Illinois.  By the time we got to
> Ames Iowa we were north of it and the roads were dry.  We made it home to
> Saint Paul before dark.

Saturday morning they were talking about North Platte (I think) getting 15
inches.  If we had 15 inches we would have stayed put and waited it out.
But all we got was a dusting.  Further east all they got was freezing rain
which is what done me in.

Glad you made it OK.  Weather on the Great Plains is very chancy indeed.

Dave