[TR] undercoat

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 20:22:30 MDT 2009

I've found the purple discs with angle grinder to be awesome.  especially on
the paint side of a fender.  inside the fender i'm using the flat twisted
steel brush with angle grinder to take the majority of crud off and then go
over with the purple disc to get down closer to raw metal.  saves some
money by not going through so many purple discs.

however i'm going to still
be ending up with pitted areas that still feel very very solid.  areas that
look like liver spots............to get to those with sandblasting I'm afraid
would result in warping.  I plan on simply putting POR-15 to the test on
entire inner fender.  Just wondering what others are doing.  I do have a
pressure sandblaster which i'll use for lips and inside edges/corners.

just
wondering

gary n.