[TR] brooklands aero screens

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 11:58:26 MDT 2009

On 10/13/09, Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> my main question is how they're mounted.  can the two windshields be
> easily switched?  do the mounts for the brooklands say attached while the
> stock windshield is on?

Yes.  That is, provided you take care how far forward you install the
mounts for the usual aftermarket 'Aeroscreen' you do not need to
remove the mounting posts to use the full windscreen.

Very easy to switch between the 2.  I often do so w/o an assistant but
I do have a couple of pieces of cereal box cardboard that I tape to
the body just forward of the mounting plinths in case the windscreen
gets cocked a bit and the stantion trys to touch the paintwork.

Also helps to pull a rubber band over the 2 dzus on each stantion to
hold them back out of the way until the thing is in place.

Never had a rock come at me though I always wear safety glasses
whenever I am driving with the aeroscreen.