[TR] TR3 Gas Gauge Sending Unit & Breather Leaks

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Mon Oct 12 13:40:03 MDT 2009

     When I fill my TR3 tank to the top, the fuel leaks out the breather and
the sending unit. I bought a new sending unit gasket and plan to put it in
with Permatex non-hardening sealer. Is there anything else to do to the gauge
sending unit so it won't leak? I have considered making paper gaskets and
using about 3 of them with Permatex and screw them down tight.
     Also, I see fuel coming out around the tank vent. I have the proper
washers, but they don't seal it up. I was thinking about using homemade
gaskets, Permatex or both. Is there a trick to keep this from leaking?
     TIA,

     Bill in Tehachapi