[TR] TR3 Speedo - On a Lighter Note...

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sun Oct 4 20:18:48 MDT 2009

     I disconnected the cable from my speedo in anticipation on sending it to
West Valley Instrument to have it serviced and the cable length and size
modified by Morris. The speedo had been fluctuating wildly from about 20 to 80
mph. Now, without the speedo cable attached, my speedo accelerates to about 50
mph when I went down the freeway! This is the most accurate it has ever been!
WTF?!?!? I have not a clue how the speedo can read without a cable attached. I
am wondering what else affects it. Maybe magnetism from the tachometer? Air
pressure coming in the speedo cable hole? Hallucinogenic drug abuse?     Has
anyone else experienced this?
     Anyway, it made me laugh.
     Bill in Tehachapi