[TR] TR3 Speedo - On a Lighter Note...

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Oct 4 23:02:21 MDT 2009

Probably #3.
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of William Brewer
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 8:19 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] TR3 Speedo - On a Lighter Note...

     I disconnected the cable from my speedo in anticipation on sending it
to West Valley Instrument to have it serviced and the cable length and size
modified by Morris. The speedo had been fluctuating wildly from about 20 to
80 mph. Now, without the speedo cable attached, my speedo accelerates to
about 50 mph when I went down the freeway! This is the most accurate it has
ever been!
WTF?!?!? I have not a clue how the speedo can read without a cable attached.
I am wondering what else affects it. Maybe magnetism from the tachometer?
Air
pressure coming in the speedo cable hole? Hallucinogenic drug abuse?     Has
anyone else experienced this?
     Anyway, it made me laugh.
     Bill in Tehachapi
http://www.vtr.org