[TR] Aftermarket Heater for TR3?

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Mon Oct 5 17:16:07 MDT 2009

That might be OK for demisting, but I really doubt it'd do much to warm even
a well-sealed car let alone a drafty TR.  Remember you're only working with
12 volts and consider the power necessary to make any meaningful amount of
heat.  A little 1,500-watt electric room heater will warm a parked car
pretty well, but what can you get out of maybe 1/10 that wattage ??  There
are lots of btu's coming out of even a small heater core like the Smiths or
Arnolt ones.

It does happen to be on sale though - I just saw it in today's HF sale
e-mail for $9.99

Karl