[TR] Oil pump priming

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 20 08:38:17 MST 2009

> With the Renault engine in my Lotus Europa, a more direct
> route was sometimes required when the pump lost prime.

I should have mentioned, the TRactor motor is somewhat unusual in this
regard : It's oil pump is submerged in the oil, so priming the pump is not
an issue.  It's more of a problem on engines like Phil's Europa, where the
pump is above the level of the oil.  Another trick with those engines is to
pack the pump with lightweight grease (or Vaseline); but none of that is
necessary with the TR2-4 lump.

Randall