[TR] TR4-Broken piston liner; now Webers

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:26:20 MST 2009

For those of you following my personal rebuild saga, I followed all
recommendations and closed up the engine. No noticeable noise, other than
the very "talky" Webers. I found a mechanic - that's his term - who restores
Italian cars so knows his Webers. I bought one hour of his time, and he fine
tuned and balanced and declared them good. And they are indeed a blast to
drive.

I need air filters.Can anyone out there recommend specific filter model
numbers for my two 42 DCOE's with 3 inch air horns? I find the various
websites not very helpful, in that they never seem to specify if the filter
is suited to air horns. Terri-Anne - I've read your treatise many times,
finding it at least as helpful as the several books I have, but  don't quite
get the filter discussion. Which ITG do you use?  I know the socks and
screen caps are no good, but never see a picture of the oval enclosed K&N
type hangin off the end of air horns.

Mnay thanks, as always. The Black TR is on the road!

John