[TR] TR3 heater motor

Kinderlehrer Kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Tue Nov 10 20:42:41 MST 2009

Angelo,

The heater fan motor from a 1971-1978 Freightliner truck, Karquest #  HTR
20892 is the same size as the original Triumph fan motor.  The problem is
that the mounting is at the wrong end so some brackets have to be fabricated
to attach it into the heater core.

I used 1/8 inch by 1-1/8 inch steel stock. I cut 2 lengths 3 = to 4 inches,
enough to be able to put a bend in either end and leave 3 = to 3 > inch
straight run which is the length of the motor.

I drilled holes in each of the bends to receive the mounting bolts and a
large hole at the bottom to pass the wires through due to the unfortunate
placement of the mounting studs relative to the wire connections.  I can
send you pictures if you're interested.

Bob.