[TR] oil on the top?

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Nov 8 21:27:31 MST 2009

Just a little off-subject, but what is the best way to clean all that
baked-on oil from the exhaust pipe?  It is a brand new pipe, no rust but
lots of oil stain.  Just pulled the engine this week to repair the rear main
and would like to have a clean non-smelly exhaust system when I re-assemble.
I'm thinking steel wool, is there anything better?

Thx,
Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)